We offer a number of BCU training and assessment courses across the UK, US and Europe. Please visit our Events page to see when classes you can join in on might be running. These programmes are also available on demand for groups of friends and clubs so get in touch to discuss dates. Here is one such course we provide - 4 Star Sea Training.
Description: This two-day training course will cover the necessary elements of leadership, group safety and seamanship skills, as well as developing personal performance as set out in the BCU 4 Star Sea syllabus. Completion of the training course will lead to a personalised action plan in preparation for the BCU 4 Star assessment. The course will cover:
Personal Paddling Skills
• Lifting, carrying and launching/landing
• Efficient and effective sea paddling skills
• Forward paddling
• Reversing and stopping
• Maintaining direction
• Changing direction
• Moving sideways
• Support strokes
• Practical navigation
Rescue Skills, Safety, Leadership and Group Management
• Boat and shore based safety and rescue skills
• Incident management and first aid in the 4 star environment
• Being an effective team leader and team member in rescues/incidents
• Application of leadership
• Leadership strategies, judgement and decision making
• Safety awareness and risk management
• Group control and management
• Safety (includes coastguard and rescue services)
• Hypothermia/first aid
• Group awareness and management
• Etiquette (includes collision regulations and signals)
• General (and historical)
• Leadership responsibilities
• Water features/hazards
Prerequisites: Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning. Be of 3 Star Sea Standard.
BCU Information: For syllabus details, visit the BCU website.
Contact: For more information, course fees or to register, e-mail: email@example.com.
Post a Comment