Why am I posting this? So we don’t forget.... 😷🧤😥
Today is Sunday, April 26, 2020. Next year & then every year after, this status will appear in my memories feed, for as long as Facebook exists. And it will be an annual reminder that life is precious & that nothing should be taken for granted.
We are where we are with what we have. Let's be grateful 💜
- We are at 39 days of social isolation.
- The Dollar is worth $ 5.32, the Euro $ 5.77, and the British Pound $ 6.54.
- Schools have been closed since mid-March and are teaching remotely on-line. This will continue for the rest of the school year.
- There are lines / tapes inside the stores to keep people 6 feet apart.
- Bars and restaurants only for home delivery & pick-up.
- Parks, beaches, and walk-in places are not accessible to the public.
- All sports competitions have been canceled.
- All festivals and entertainment events have been banned.
- Weddings, family celebrations, and birthdays have been canceled.
- Funerals limited to 10-20 people.
- People are doing drive-by parades to celebrate birthdays!
- Young kids can’t understand why they can only see grandparents & other extended family and friends on a screen or thru a window if someone visits in person.
- Hugs and kisses are not given.
- The churches are closed or online.
- We have to stay away from each other more than a meter.
- Shortage of masks and gloves in hospitals.
- There are fewer ventilators than there should be.
- People are wearing masks, some places even REQUIRE that you wear them to enter! People are even making their own masks for sale or donation to medical facilities!
- Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, and anything Lysol or Clorox is in short supply and limited per person...IF you can even find them!
- Stores are closing early to disinfect everything. (24-hour stores are even closing by 9pm)
- Store checkouts, pharmacies, and even fast food drive-thru windows have added plexiglass between employee and customer. Have to reach around or under to pay!
- You can't find isopropyl alcohol easily. .. supply per person is limited.
- Australia, USA, and Europe have closed their borders.
- Western Australia has been divided into 9 territories & an instant $1,500 fine issued for crossing the border without a valid reason. (Transport workers, Essential services, etc)
- No one is traveling for leisure. Airports empty. Tourism has the worst crisis in history.
This text comes from an anonymous author, it's not mine. I copied because I want to remember it too.